Kingdom Authority to Raise the DeadRaise the Dead spiritual and physically
To understand how the kingdom in you works over death, you need to have read all the chapters before this one. God loves you. He wants all to be well for you: body, finances, family and all that is yours. He paid the price so you could become His child and be victorious. The devil’s the one who comes to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10). Death is an enemy. 1 Cor 15:26 says the last enemy to be put under our feet is death. God never created us to die. His original plan was for us to live forever in fellowship with Him. He gave man free choose and we chose death.
Can you image the JOY parents would feel when their beloved child is raised from the dead? How would you feel after being told by a doctor that you are going to die? Now how would you feel if all symptoms and pain left your body and the doctor confirmed you are no longer sick and will LIVE? I’m sure you would feel great joy!
One of the greatest signs of this end time is raising the dead. Both in the old covenant and the new, the dead are raised. Jesus said we would do even greater things than He did. Raising the dead is done much more in other countries than it is right here in America. Here there tends to be a lot more doubt that it is God’s will to raise the dead. In this chapter, I am going to answer a lot of question you might have on who can raise the dead, why, when, how, and what is the purpose of raising the dead. This chapter will either make you angry or cause you to become one of the MIGHTY doers of the word. But remember, with this information will possibly come persecution. I pray that God will reveal to you hidden truths in the word that are for this end time and make you confident with boldness to do what you learn.
How did death get on the earth?
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:…death reigned …, even over them that had not sinned. (Rom 5:12,17-21) Death is a result of man’s original sin. Jesus paid the price for all of our sin and the result of sin. Someday we will die, but it can be after we say our goodbyes and our work is done and we are ready to go.
Death is not supposed to reign in a Christian’s life. God said in Rom 5:17… through one man’s offense death reigned much MORE those who receive abundance of GRACE and of the gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS will REIGN in LIFE through…Jesus. Life is to REIGN, NOT death. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. (Rom 6:9)
We (all Christians) are the body of Christ on earth today. We are IN Him, so death no longer has power over us. Now ye are the body of Christ. (1 Cor 12:27)
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:56-57) We have victory over death.
The devil HAD the power of death, but he no longer does. If a born again believer enforces this judgment, he has the power of death over the devil. I had the opportunity to try to raise the dead five times. Each time they did not raise, I asked the Lord why, and He told me the answer. One time I asked the Lord, who can I raise from the dead? He answered, “Anyone you want unless I say not to,” meaning I did not need to have an invitation—I didn’t have to be SENT by God to raise a particular person….through death he might destroy him that HAD the power of death, that is, the devil. (Heb 2:14) Just because my experience didn’t line up with the word doesn’t mean the word is not true. I press in and keep trying, expecting the next one to rise up. I practice until I find the key I have been missing. My experience must line up with the word. God is not a liar and His word works.
Let me show you that Jesus did not raise the dead or heal the sick because He was God, but a man in right relationship with God. There are other chapters that go over this in a much broader way.
Jms 1:13, for God cannot be tempted with evil
Luke 4:2,13, Being forty days (Jesus) tempted of the devil.
Rom 8:3, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
Heb 4:15, but (Jesus) was in all points tempted like as we are,
Acts 2:22, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him
To some people they might say, but God is sovereign, He chooses who can be raised. Yes, He is sovereign, but He gave man authority to subdue (death) and have dominion (over the devil who tries to kill us) over all the earth. Remember John 10:10. It is the devil who comes to kill. Take a look at Deut 30:19, I have set before you life and death…THEREFORE CHOOSE LIFE. God is sovereign and He told US to CHOOSE LIFE!
Pay close attention to these next few paragraphs. I will show you without a doubt that we have authority over death. In the Garden of Eden, God gave man all authority. God said Let them have dominion… over all the earth…subdue it: have dominion… over every living thing that moves on the earth. (Gen 1:26-28) He gave us authority over all the earth. He told us to subdue it to have dominion over all the earth. BUT when Jesus went to hell and conquered the devil for us, He rose with the keys to hell and death. Jesus TOOK the keys away from Satan. HOW DID SATAN GET THE KEYS TO HELL AND DEATH IN THE FIRST PLACE? In the garden, he took all man’s authority when he deceived Adam and Eve. SO man originally had the keys to hell and death. Satan stole man’s authority, and Jesus took it from Satan and gave it back to us. Rev 1:18 says Jesus has the keys to hell and death. This does not mean you can’t die, because death is part of the result of the fall of man. What it means is that THE DEVIL NO LONGER HAS THE KEYS TO YOUR DEATH, YOU DO. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. (Prov 18:21).
Death is under our feet in the sense that death can’t just come in our home in the middle of the night and take us. Satan needs an open door or an invitation to kill, steal and destroy. As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come. (Prov 26:2)
The devil has to find a way to force himself on you. When someone dies, we have the right and the power to raise them from the dead—the same right we have to raise them up by laying hands on them and healing them when they are sick. Death is a thing, and the name of Jesus is above all things. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth. (Phil 2:10)
God put all things under our feet! Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. (we are His feet) For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing (death included) that is not put under him. (Heb 2:8) If all things are under our feet and at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, that makes a way for us to raise the dead.
Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.… Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:9) We have authority over death because Jesus ROSE from the dead.
Before Jesus came, death reigned, but Jesus conquered death, and now through us His grace and righteousness, we reign over death with life.
For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. * (Rom 5:17) Through the finished work of Christ, we have authority over death.
For the LAW of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (Rom 8:2)
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also give life to your body by his Spirit that dwells in you. (Rom 8:11)
Because the Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead LIVES in us, we too can raise the dead. It is the spirit who gives life: the flesh profits nothing. The WORDS that I SPEAK to you are spirit, and are life. (John 6:63)
Remember the scripture that death and life are in our tongue. We are created to speak creation and life into existence.
The scripture below is important. By Jesus rising from the dead and still working on earth today, He proves He has risen and is alive.
And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. (Rom 1:4)
Let me show you in the Bible where it shows us that WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOSE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH. If one man could choose between life and death, then any man could chose life or death.
1. Paul is trying to decide if he wants to die and be with Christ, or stay and minister to the people.…what I shall choose I don’t know. So now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death…. yet what I shall choose. (Phil 1:20-23)
2. Jn 10:17, Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life,(It was not taken from Him) that I might take it again. Jesus could lay down His life or not, the choice was His. Jn 10:15, As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
3. Deut 30:19, I have set before you life and death…THEREFORE CHOOSE LIFE.
Notice that the devil HAD the power of death…that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Heb 2:14) Fear of death is bondage. If He delivered us, then that would mean we were no longer in fear of death because we were no longer in bondage to death We choose when to die, and it doesn’t have to be through sickness and disease, which are tools of the enemy. Many people die when they are sick because they just get worn out and tired of fighting, and it is easier sometimes to just go home and be with the Lord.
We are no longer in BONDAGE to death or fear of death, because it is in our hands, not the devil’s hands. The above scripture talks about how we WERE DELIVERED from death and fear of death.
The devil no longer has the keys to your death. (Jesus) have the keys of hell and of death. (Rev 1:18) We are the body of Christ on the earth and He is our head, seated in heavenly places. We are the body of Christ, and members in particular. (1 Cor 12:27) We are one, therefore we have the keys to death. (Rom 12:5)
This next scripture tells us what we are to do with the keys to death.
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying,… “And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
1. Heal the sick,
2. cleanse the lepers,
3. raise the dead,
4. cast out devils.” (Matt 10:5-8)
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8) Let’s take a look at the works of the devil.
WORKS OF DEVIL John 10:10…KILL, steal and destroy.
8. weather that destroys (Matt, Mark, Luke, John)
We know these are the works of the devil because these are the things that Jesus delivered and set people free from. Look at the scripture below and see the list of the works of Christ.
WORKS OF JESUS
John 5:36, But I have greater witness… for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Matt 11:2, Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
1. The blind receive their sight,
2. and the lame walk,
3. the lepers are cleansed,
4. and the deaf hear,
5. the dead are raised up,
6. and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matt 11:1-6)
Why are these works done?
John 5:20, For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. God wants the world to know He is ALIVE and He raises the dead!
John 10:25, Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. Jesus STILL needs to bear witness of Him. We are to go into all the world and give witness (PROOF) that He is God and alive.
John 10:37, If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. If only we the church would say the same thing. If I don’t do the works, don’t believe anything I say!
John 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father
Listen to what Jesus says next. John14:12, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; (WHY) because I go unto my Father.
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? (Answer)… Believe in Him (Jesus) (John 6:28)
Gal 3:5, He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Many churches today do what the following scripture says. Titus 1:16, They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him. This is a pretty strong statement.
RAISING PEOPLE FROM THE DEAD IS GOD’S KINGDOM (GOVERNMENT AND AUTHORITY) IN YOU, ENFORCING GOD’S WILL ON EARTH.
As he is, so are we in this world (not when we get to heaven, but now!) (1 John 4:17) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. (Rom 6:9)
… for as the Father raises the dead and gives to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. (John 5:21)
HOW DO WE KNOW WHO HE WILLS?
Matt 10:5-8 answers that question, Jesus commanded them saying…and AS YOU GO… raise the dead.
Jesus told me that we had authority to raise anyone we wanted to, we didn’t have to wait for Him to say, “Go raise this one.” We are to raise all and any dead, animals and people. I know of two people who raised loved animals from the dead. One was a dog who was dead for four days. Jesus said, “Raise THE dead” THE dead. The means ANY that are dead! Your neighbor, boss, family, random stranger, or your favorite pet. He did not clarify that by saying, “Raise the dead I tell you to.” He did not say, “Raise only the dead if you have super faith.” No, He said raise the dead. You have the faith and power in you through the Holy Spirit to be OBEDIENT.
Let’s look at that scripture again. Matt 10:5-8, Jesus COMMANDED them saying… and as you go… raise the dead. Why is it we try so hard to follow other commands of Jesus, but fail to see this as a command? Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Why would it be LESS important now in this end times to raise the dead than it was then? It’s not. But because our experiences don’t line up with the word, raise the dead, people make excuses, like: Only God can raise the dead; It’s not for today; I can’t do it so it must not be true; or It’s God’s sovereignty.
LOOK AT IT AGAIN: Matt 10:5-8, Jesus COMMANDED them saying… and as you go… raise the dead. Now if God gave you the command to raise THE dead why would you have to ask WHICH DEAD? Just raise the dead! ANY dead YOU want to! Just do what He told you to do. Raise T-H-E dead. If it is dead, raise it up! God told you to raise the dead, so you don’t have to ask Him to do something He told you to do. You were told to DO it, so you have the power in you to do it. Keep believing until you have success! Then keep doing it until you have REVIVAL! Remember, Jesus already paid for the whole world to be saved, healed, raised, delivered and to prosper. You’re just the DELIVERY person, the bills been paid, give them what is theirs. Start a revival, draw them to Him, with His goodness!
Jesus told His disciples to raise THE dead and sent them out. If they were ONLY to raise CERTAIN dead ones and not others, they would be confused. Jesus didn’t go with them, so how would they know WHICH dead to raise?
Did you notice that it said in Matt 10:5-8, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils.
This scripture says to heal, cleanse, raise and cast out all in the same sentence. It did not say heal the sick BUT you need special faith to raise the dead. It did not say heal some of the sick, but those that are hard to do, don’t expect to see them healed. It is all in one sentence, requiring nothing extra to do the job. What does the job? The KINGDOM of God (the anointing, the Holy Spirit IN YOU) does the job. The kingdom is in you, in power! You are to heal the sick, ALL the sick, ANY sick. You are to raise the dead, ANY dead, ALL dead. God said it is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32), The kingdom does the work.
JESUS RAISED THE DEAD – Let’s look at how and why and what happened because He raised the dead.
1. Jesus interrupted funerals of strangers and RAISED their dead!
…He came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried… And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother. And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. (Luke 7:11)
2. Many city people were with the mother of the dead man. ALL those people with her witnessed the goodness of God.
3. He HAD COMPASSION on her
4. Fear came on them and they GLORIFIED God because He raise the dead.
Look at this next scripture.
1. Someone came to Him.
Thy daughter is dead; trouble not the Master. But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole. And when he came into the house, he suffered no man to go in, save Peter, and James, and John, and the father and the mother of the maiden. And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.… And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise. And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway… her parents were astonished. (Luke 8:49,53)
2. Her parents were astonished after she rose from the dead.
John 11:39… by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. 40: Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?…. 43: And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44: And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. 45: Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him…., What do we? for this man doeth many miracles. 48: If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him.
1. He was a friend of Jesus.
2. He was dead four days and was rotting.
3. Raising the dead showed the GLORY.
4. Many believed on Him.
Matt 27:52, And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
People who were dead for years and buried APPEARED TO MANY!
DISCIPLES RAISE THE DEAD
…having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he (Paul who was dead) departed with Barnabas to Derbe. (Acts 14:19-20)
1. A missionary’s death.
2. Disciples raise him up from dead.
And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him…. And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted. (Acts 20:9)
1. A preaching accident (could happen a lot today, falling asleep during preaching!)
2. Paul raised him from the dead.
And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died:… But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. (Acts 9:37,40)
1. A woman everyone liked, died.
2. Peter prayed and commanded the woman to get up.
Women received their dead raised to life again. (Heb 11:35)
Because we believe on Jesus, we will also raise the dead! Read and believe the following scripture.
Study the next scripture.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the (why) Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:12)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17)
We are ambassadors for Christ, we are His kings on the earth, showing He is still alive and living in us.
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ. (2 Cor 5:20)
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever. (Heb 13:8)
kingdom of God is … righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. * (Rom 14:17)
Here are some unusual circumstances.
Elisha’s bones brought a dead man who was thrown into his grave back to life. And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulcher of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet. (2 Kings 13:21) We are to snatch people from hell.
Here are a few more things to meditate on to build your faith.
1. I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy:(including death) and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:18-19)
2. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
3. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. (1 John 1:6)
4. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:22-23)
The curse was all about death. (Deut 28) Jesus redeemed us from the curse. Here is a list of a few things under the curse.
1. no rest
2. trembling heart
3. failing eyes
4. anguish of soul
5. your life shall hang in doubt before you
6. fear day and night
7. have no assurance of life. (Deut 28:65-67)
But Jesus redeemed us from that curse! (Gal 3:13)
So you see, it is the will of God for you to take your kingdom authority and raise up the dead. It is for you and it is for today.
HERE ARE SOME FACT ABOUT DEATH
God is SOVEREIGN, He can do whatever He wants. Whatever happens, it’s His will. This information was in the chapter on healing the sick, but it is so good and is needed also in this part of the book, so it needs to be repeated.
TRUTH: God made the earth and gave it to man. He said rule, subdue and have authority over ALL the earth. God has made known His will. Sickness and death are an enemy and we have authority over all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19).
SCRIPTURE: God is not a man that He would lie. God is sovereign but He made rules and He is a God of honor, He follows the rules He made. Here are some of those rules.
1. GOD gave men all authority and TOLD THEM TO: rule, subdue and have authority (Gen 1:26-28)
2. You can have what you say. (what YOU say, not what God says) That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (Mark 11:22-24)
3. You are to bind and loosen…. I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou (means YOU) shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matt16:19)
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matt 18:18)
4. God said if two agree on Earth it would be done for them. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. (Matt18:19)
5. Jesus said He had all power over all power of enemy. (Luke 10:19) You are in Him.
6. You resist the devil and he flee from YOU (James 4:7)
7. The whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.. Death, disease, poverty, destroying weather, lack, pain, fear, destroying animals and bugs. (1 John 5:19) You are to change the things the devil brings onto the earth with the kingdom of God within you. You are to bring JOY to people grieving just like Jesus did. RAISE THE DEAD.
You have to die sometime. How will a person die if not by sickness, disease or accident?
TRUTH: You have to die, (you might be raptured ) but when you’re ready and not by sickness, disease or an accident.
Here are some WONDERFUL BIBLE examples or people who chose when to die.
1. Gen 25:7 And these are the days of the years of Abraham’s life which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years. 8: Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years;
2. Gen 35:28 And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.
29: And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days:
3. Gen 49:33 And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.
4. Deut 32:48-50 And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying
Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount…50: And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people;
5. Deut 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
6. Num 33:38-39 And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the LORD, and died there,… And Aaron [was] an hundred and twenty and three years old when he died in mount Hor.
7. Luke 23: 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
8. LOOK AT HOW Elijah LEFT THE EARTH. 2 Kings 1:11 behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
8. Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him.
God decided when someone was to die. We die when it is our NUMBER OF DAYS. We die when it is our time.
TRUTH: God promises us a satisfying long life. If God decided when we died, then every accident, sickness and disease would be working for Him to bring about our death. We could say to a grieving mother, “God killed your little 16-year-old girl in that car crash. You watched her on fire and couldn’t do anything about it. You and her friends smelled her flesh on fire, heard her screams for help, and couldn’t get near the car because IT WAS GOD’S WILL! It was just time for her to die. She went to hell (after that horrible death she had the worst yet to come, God killed her and SENT her to HELL) because she never heard that Jesus loved her and never gave her life to God. Her death is a memory in your mind and that of her best friend, who was driving the car. But what happens, happens because it was just God’s will, His ways are mysterious.” This is the trash you hear at funerals! People just don’t have an explanation of why people die, SO THEY BLAME IT ON GOD! The word says the goodness of God leads to repentance. (Rom 2:4) The thief (Satan) comes to kill, steal and destroy, not God. (John 10:10) WHY would anyone want to give their heart and life into the hands of a God who did this? I, too, would hate a god who acted like this!
SCRIPTURE: My people die for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6)
The scriptures below talks about the NUMBER OF DAYS.
Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;… all the days of my appointed time. (Job 14:5,14)
WHAT ARE MAN’S NUMBER OF DAYS
1. The scripture below is the main scripture that people used to say we are to die at age 70 years. But take a look at it. It is a promise for the rebellious children in the wilderness. We ARE NOT of this group of rebellious people. They were promised 70 years.
For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled. Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are (70)threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. (Ps. 90:10).
Notice in the above scripture, God is talking about His anger to the children of Israel. This is the condition of that rebellious nation. They only lived 70 or 80 years. With this kind of thinking, most people expect to start going down hill at halfway through. But look at the next scripture.
2. We could use this scripture if we wanted to, but there are better promises. Look at the next scripture in number 3.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. (Gen 6:3) God doesn’t strive with us anymore, He sent Jesus so He could see us through the blood of Jesus.
So you can see we are promised 120 years if we want it. This changes our mentality.
3. NOW let’s take a look at Ps 91. The whole psalm is promising you protection and long life. Ps 91:16…with LONG LIFE I will SATISFY him. This is the group we are in today. If you’re not satisfied, then you can live longer.
God took them. He knew the future of them walking away from the Lord or something worse happening to them. All things work together for the good.
TRUTH: God is not a child abuser. If we killed our children because we knew something bad would happen if they continued to live, we would be called murderers. People who kill people, even if they think it is for a good cause, like they are dying of a horrible disease, are still murderers and go to jail.
SCRIPTURE: Ex 23:36There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
HERE ARE FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1.If raising the dead was against God’s will, then Jesus went against God’s will when He raise the dead.
2. Jesus said, “I always do My Father’s will.” He raised the dead.
3. Jesus said, “I do what I see My Father do.” He raised the dead.
4. Jesus said, “I always please My Father.” He raised the dead.
5. Jesus raised the dead because He had compassion on them. He STILL has compassion on people.
6. THE THEIF comes to steal, kill and destroy. Death came through sin TO THE WORLD. (John 10:10)
7. Jesus came to give us ABUNDANT life. God gives life. (John 14:6, John 20:30-31)
8. If it was not God’s will to raise the dead, then the disciples went against God when they raised the dead.
9. In Jude 1:22, we are told to PULL PEOPLE OUT OF THE FIRE to save them. To have compassion on them to raise them from the dead. (I believe this means to raise the dead that just died and went to hell)
10. Satan is ruler of this world and causes ALL DEATH by whatever means. (John 14:30,
John 16:11, 1 John 5:19)
11. Satan (not God) is a MUDERER from the beginning (John 8:44) (John 10:10)
12. Death is darkness and an enemy. We are light. Light always overcomes darkness.
13. Death is part of the WORLD and entered through sin. We are born of God and overcome the world. (1 John 5:4)
14. We have grief and sorrow at a person’s death. The opposite of sorrow is joy. The kingdom of God is joy. The only joy we get in someone’s death is if we know they are in heaven and are in God’s presence, having lived a full life and finished their assignment.
THE GLORY RAISES THE DEAD
1. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?…and he that was dead came forth (John 11:40)
2. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)
We have the GLORY IN US. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them. (John 17:22)
…who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. 1 Thess 2:12
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory. (Rom 9:23)
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Col 1:27)
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess 2:14)
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. (John 11:25)
I believe this chapter is vital to this book. God is calling His children to walk in resurrection power and in the glory. I believe that resurrection power and the glory are especially for now, end times. 1 Cor 15:25-26 says: For He must reign TILL HE has put ALL enemies under HIS FEET. The last ENEMY that will be DESTROYED is death. (He has put all things under His feet. Now His feet must enforce that victory! I believe NOW in this end time a remnant of God’s sons will rise up and begin to put DEATH under their feet.
As I was looking for endorsements for this book, I found it exciting that I came across a few people who loved my book except for this chapter or that chapter. Several people said if you take out this chapter, I will endorse your book. When I look at the chapters they objected to, Chapter 15 Kingdom Authority to Raise the Dead, and Chapter 4 The Kingdom Power in the Holy Spirit, I have to laugh at the devil. He revealed his fear. He fears everyday people raising the dead in their everyday lives. He fears the unity of all denominations getting ahold of the power of the Holy Spirit and TONGUES. To me, this is confirmation of the end times power of the church
@2011 Robin Bremer www.Robinbremer.net
Do you believe that we as Christian are to raise the dead?
Why Do you think the dead aren’t being raised much?